Canadian Harm Reduction Network
OVERDOSE AWARENESS & PREVENTION
A Workshop for Front-Line & Peer Workers
Thursday, December 10th 2015
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Space is limited
DOWNTOWN CENTRAL LOCATION (Toronto)
In this interactive workshop we’ll cover:
- Experiences of overdose
- Risks of overdose and how to mitigate these
- How to spot an overdose – opiates and stimulants
- Responding to overdose, including the use of Naloxone
- Talking to clients about use, risks, overdose
- Why your agency and other places in your community need an overdose protocol
- Emerging issues & trends
The Canadian Harm Reduction Network
666 Spadina Avenue, Suite 1904, Toronto, ON M5S 2H8
Phone: 416 – 928 – 0279 • Fax: 416 – 966 – 9512
Toronto Public Health is pleased to announce the pilot of a new, free, two-day workshop:
“Openings: Mental Health and Harm Reduction”
…designed and lead by community partners, with the support of Toronto Public Health facilitators.
Please see the flyer: Openings: Mental Health and Harm Reduction
DATE: November 4 & 5, 2015
WHERE: 519 Community Centre Ballroom from 9:30 – 4:30 pm at 519 Church Street in Toronto.
TO REGISTER CONTACT: Toronto Health Connection email: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS?: Call: 416-338-7600
Please let us know at registration if you have a need for special accommodation.
“Openings” focuses on the intersections of community mental health and substance use and is framed around the ways in which the harm reduction and recovery approaches support one another to enrich service provision.
This workshop features over 10 excellent community speakers covering a variety of topics including:
- understanding the harm reduction and recovery framework;
- rapport building with motivational interviewing;
- supports for running peer groups;
- promoting connection through restorative justice;
- street and prescription drug interactions;
- working from a harm reduction framework with folks with acquired brain injuries, ADHD and mood disorders.
As well, workshop participants will enjoy drumming with “Rhythmic By Nature”.