59 years of Personal and Professional Development
July 8-12, 2018
The Annual Institute on Addiction Studies offers professional development and learning opportunities to those working and involved in substance use and related fields. All workshops and presentations attended at the Annual Institute on Addiction Studies conference are preapproved for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through the Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF).
This year’s annual Institute features the following presentations:
- “Adult Attachment and Addiction” Annette Kussin MSW, RSW
- “PTSD & Substance Use: Medicine or Menace?”: Wendi Woo MA, C.Psych. Associate Harry Vedelago MSc, MD, FCFP, ABAM
- “The Counter-Transference ‘Trap’ within the Therapeutic Process of Addictions and Mental Health” Ian Robertson MSW, RSW
- “Addiction Treatment: What Do We Know and What We Can Do With it” Gabriela Novotna MSW, PhD
- “Managing Clients with Borderline Personality”: Beth Reade MD, FRCPC
- “Substance Use during the Life Cycle of Sexual Violence” Leah Marshall, MSW, RSW, Lauren Bloom, MSW, LGSW
- “Drugs and the Brain:An Introduction on How Psychoactive Substances Actually Change You” Rick Csiernik PhD, RSW, CCAC
- Workshops on Supporting the Bereaved, the challenges faced by Trans identified people accessing services, family and addictions, yoga for recovery and wellness, stages of change and many more.
- Keynote Speaker: Frank O’Dea O.C. LLD, “The Power of Hope, Vision and Action”
- Plenary Session Speaker: Chris D. Lewis: “Only the Resilient Will Survive”.
Ivey Spencer leadership Centre, London, ON