Skills Training in Affect and Interpersonal Regulation (STAIR)
Learn how to provide STAIR to your patients. STAIR a promising intervention with evidence suggesting that it helps reduce PTSD symptoms, and problems in emotion regulation and social and relationship functioning.
Using STAIR will allow you to teach your patients skills in:
- emotion regulation
- interpersonal functioning
This online STAIR training consists of 8 modules covering several core treatment components. STAIR can be provided as a standalone therapy or as a complement to trauma-focused therapies.
Goals and Objectives
- To become informed about the impact of trauma on emotion regulation and social (interpersonal) functioning
- To be able to identify at least one strategy that increases emotional awareness
- To be able to identify at least three strategies that improve emotion regulation in PTSD patients
- To be able to formulate interpersonal schemas related to problematic social and interpersonal functioning
- To be able to develop and test alternative interpersonal schemas with client
- To learn at least two strategies for effective assertiveness behaviors
- To learn at least one strategy for improving flexibility in interpersonal expectations and behaviors