By Ann Watkins on Mar 29, 2016 10:23 am
This is a guest post written by the Centre for Brain and Mental Health communications team at the Hospital for Sick Children
Please accept our invitation to the SickKids Centre for Brain & Mental Health’s Annual Brain and Mental Health Day Conference taking place on Wednesday April 6, 2016!
The conference is free for anyone to attend, but you must be registered online. Click HERE to register!
Topic: White Matter and Oligodendrocytes in Mental Health Location: Robert B. Salter Auditorium, Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning (686 Bay Street, Toronto ON) For SickKids staff planning on attending, please remember to cancel your clinics ahead of time. Time: Registration check in is open at 12 p.m. Conference: 1:00 p.m. to 5:05 p.m., Poster Session and Reception to follow: 5:05 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Dr. Dwight E. Bergles *Keynote* Oligodendrocyte dynamics in cortical gray matter
- Dr. Ann Yeh Halting progression in pediatric MS
- Dr. Freda Miller Strategies for making new oligodendrocytes in the injured brain
- Dr. Donald Mabbott What can we learn about white matter plasticity and function from imaging its structure? Lessons from the study of brain development
- Dr. Joseph A. Helpern *Keynote* A Random Walk Through the ADHD Brain: Advances in Diffusion MRI for the Assessment of White Matter
For the full agenda click HERE.
Please feel free to share this information widely with anyone who may be interested in attending.